- "Smushed in face"
- Have short noses
- Face wrinkles
- Aims to please
- Curly tail
- Typically a lazy dog, but will become active if owner is
- Playful and charming
- Weight: 14 to 18 pounds
- Height: 10-14 inches
- May have trouble breathing, especially in warm weather
- Eyes may pop out, especially if collar/ leash is too tight
- Be careful not overfeed
- Exercise every day, but don't let them overheat!
- Life expectancy: 12-15 years
- Minimal, but do shed some
- Must clean wrinkles on face
- Good for apartments because of its small size
Type of Owner:
- Great for families
- Get along with other pets and with visitors
Now after reading a little bit more about Pugs, watching a video, and meeting Skittles, I think I have to rethink my opinion about this dog. They may not look the cutest in pictures, but their personalities more than make up for it. But it scares me a little that its eyes may pop out! That's something I'll have to consider...
(Thanks to Dogs101, AKC, and DogBreedInfo!)